The skinny bitch

In polite company, I call her my slim friend. Do you have one of those? And do you hate her as much as I hate mine? She can hoover up pizza, beer and cheesecake without putting on an ounce. Unlike me, who has put on a half kilo in last 10 seconds, just dreaming about these delights. My friend has enviably slim legs and arms, which I have stared at with envy since our teens. However, I do have the larger boobs and nipped in waist that she longs for . All in all, she's a straighter body type ; biggest con - less defined curves ; biggest pro -fewer bulges. So, how would I dress her? Why, she's the perfect clothes hangar!

Skinny chic is an enviable dream for a large majority of Indian women . But if you have the shape girlfriend, I say - Flaunt It! 

If I had my way, I would send her to work in tailored shirts tucked into low-waisted trousers with smart belts and understated jewellery to underline the look with easy elegance. Lucky cow, she can get away without needing to wear high heels because of her slim legs. A waistcoat or cinched belt will create the illusion of a curving waist on the days she wants to go the extra mile. And that's it, her smart look for the corporate world is complete!

Her party look is a sequined tank with the tapering coloured jeans. Yes, these would be the very same jeans that make my thighs look like mincemeat over-stuffed into a sausage, but when it comes to her, they just change their mind and cling to her butt in a way that makes you want to just reach out and squeeeeeze

And don't get me started on the casual lounging-about look she does SO effortlessly in shorts and a loose top, with maybe a couple of cute necklaces and some eye makeup.  


Only this type of body shape can carry off the high neck sleeveless military-ish tops that make girls with larger boobs look like they're ready to burst out. Combined with slim fitting jeans or carrot pants, this girl is going to look like she's stepped off the pages of a fashion mag!


Now that she's on sabbatical looking after her new-born, especially with a small post-pregnancy tummy, I would put her in linen trousers with structured tops made from cotton in the summer and raw silk in the winter.

For family ocassions, I can showcase her slim thighs to full advantage in bright lycra churidars with contrasting short kurtis in a rich broacade and some mojris.

Oh not for this girl, the need to think about slimming black or monotone outfits - she can deliver my absolutely favourite way of creating impact - colour, colour and more colour! Contrasting layers mean she looks younger or sportier without much of an effort (of course, us curvy girls need to be more careful with these).

Now who wouldn't want to be this gorgeous elegantly sexy gal?   

3 comments:

Powered By Blogger